Tuesday, April 30, 2013





My roommate in a turn of the century dormitory was a NYU philosophy major and an Armenian American from the Boston suburbs.

How do you feel about the Armenian Massacre, I asked. What would you know about that? You’re from The South Bronx, he replied.

Being ethnic-profiled is sometimes one step before ethnic cleansing.

Then I met a fellow student who went out of his way to befriend me until he turned out to be as mediocre a painter as a German dictator he was making a portrait on. He punched me in the back of the head and didn’t stop until he ripped out the ‘Intel Inside’.

The last memory I had was of my American Dream, a beautiful Venezuelan artist who loved me enough to want to marry me. Then I disappeared with eyes wide shut. My brain was unplugged from the life support of higher education. No excuses are offered here.

 I still had to turn in homework on making a tour book to draw tourists to my hometown.

I got finals, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment